If we start getting into the numbers of people online, the number of people using social media, and the number of interactions online every day, the numbers become incomprehensible.
Don't believe me? Well here you go:
- There are 3.419 billion internet users
- 2.307 billion people use social media (and counting)
- Approximately 3.790 billion people use mobile phones
I think it's fair to say this: there is a world of opportunities to share opinions, buy and sell products and services, and more.
But with so much choice, there's a danger of fragmentation as we all have differing experiences from one another per-platform. That's why adapting to an omni-channel culture has never been more important.
As you journey into the omni-channel experience though, don't forget the value of trust. Here's why it matters everywhere.
Infographic: Text-only version
Why trust matters to your brand
The numbers don’t lie - trust built through customer feedback helps you build a solid reputation, improve your exposure, and increase sales.
Is your brand trusted? Here’s why it should be.
- 92% of consumers read reviews at some point.
- 70% of UK consumers read online reviews before buying.
- 66% of consumers say online reviews are their most trusted form of recommendation.
- 69% who trust online reviews then take action after reading these reviews alone.
- 68% of all eCommerce shoppers abandon their shopping carts. Make sure your reputation keeps people hooked!
- 60% of consumers have higher customer service expectations than one year ago.
- 75% of consumers discover small-to-medium businesses (SMBs) through word of mouth.
- 61% of global internet users research products online.
- £60bn predicted to be spent online in 2016.
- £23bn of spending a year is potentially influenced by online reviews.
Top 3 reasons for switching brands
- 31% = Cheaper pricing
- 18% = Rude staff
- 16% = Too many mistakes
Trust really is everything in an increasingly digital retail landscape. Start building and using trust today to get ahead of the competition!