Congratulations! You’ve joined Trustpilot, and you’ve started receiving your very first reviews. The thrill of that initial feedback coursing through your veins, you wonder: what next?
Should you respond to reviews? How should you do it? Why-oh-why can’t you remember what that peppy Integration Manager recommended?
Not to worry. Peppy Integration Manager here for your edification.
1. First things first – YES, you should respond. Your Trustpilot profile page is valuable real estate for your brand image.
By responding to your reviews, you can showcase your excellent customer service, reward your customers for leaving feedback, and encourage future interactions with your client base. Positive, personal interactions with customers can help increase brand loyalty.
2. How should you respond? Here are a few things to keep top of mind:
- You may leave exactly one response to every review. This is not a chat thread. If you want to continue the conversation with your consumer, let them know you will get in touch with them privately, or provide them with an email address or phone number to contact you.
- Keep your response highly professional. It doesn’t matter if the review is completely bonkers, if you use a rude, curt, or defensive response, it’s likely to reflect poorly on your brand image. You should also avoid sharing too much detail. Save that for the private correspondence. While the above examples are friendly and courteous, the approach below is perhaps an example of the worst possible way to respond.
- View your response as an opportunity to acknowledge the reviewer and/or to save them as a customer. According to LinkedIn, “it costs between 4 and 10 times more to acquire a new customer than it does to keep an existing one.” Strategically and financially, it’s best for your company to actively work on the upkeep of your existing customer relationships.
By responding to reviews warmly and professionally, you can improve the buying experience, reaffirm relationships with your customers, and show the transparency of your brand – all to build trust the Trustpilot way.